I have a bit of a rug obsession you guys. Rugs are layered in nearly every room in my house and I’ve reached the point that they are now starting to appear on tables, hanging on walls, any other creative excuse I can find to keep feeding my addiction. This full-to-capacity issue doesn’t stop me from endlessly oohing and ahhing over them almost daily. I’m partial to vintage, distressed, Persian or Moroccan multi-color stunners in most large rooms. In a smaller, more busy room (multiple colors or other focal points) I prefer a bold, more graphic rug and have found that mixing the styles from room to room keeps my home feeling unexpected + not TOO pattern overloaded.
I find rugs everywhere. Online, at vintage markets, and most lately Instagram sellers. Today, I’m sharing eleven of my favorite sources to scratch that rug itch. I think rugs are like the perfect hug when entering a room. They ground the space, define how it will be used. Is it serious, playful, unexpected, lush? Worn and comfortable? Wrapping all the other goodness of the space in their warmness and setting the tone from the ground up. A good rug is never a purchase to regret…in my humble, rug obsessed, opinion that is.
- Woven Abode. My first internet rug purchase (dining room rug picture above) started with this little shop, run by Kim – a Georgia girl now living in Cali. Amazing assortment, great range of sizes and unbelievable customer service. Their selection is always changing with new rugs being offered Wednesday mornings weekly.
- Kennedy Rose Interiors. Another beautiful source for vintage rugs…love the colors and selection here. New rugs posted weekly on Friday mornings, with sneak peeks offered on their Instagram account. Seriously, I sometimes have to unfollow their account just to avoid the weekly temptation…
- The Vintage Rug Shop. Run by a multi-hyphenate creative with a wonderful eye for design, several of these lovelies have found their way onto my mood boards for future rooms and homes.
- XO Rugs. I bought a super fun, colorful Moroccan rug from this shop for S’s room. Their selection of all types of Moroccan rugs is just so so good. A little different to shop from, you select the rugs you like and email for a personal quote. Great customer service + I love getting this boho look, but knowing I have a one-of-a-kind find.
- Rov Imports. Another great Instagram feed I love to follow. I stalked the runner in my bedroom for 6 months, until Molly, wonder seller that she is emailed me directly about it during her Black Friday sale. Amazing business women meets obsessed rug shopper. A match made in heaven. She carries a small, but well-edited assortment of vintage Moroccan and Persian rugs.
- Kaya Kilims. I first found this shop through the owner’s personal Instagram. I love seeing what this momma, business owner and her beautiful girls are up to in Turkey, where they live. Later, I fell down the rabbit hole of her business Instagram and am smitten with the colorful selection, and beautiful photography.
- Ebay. It takes a little more patience and searching to score on eBay. But at these prices, the deals are worth waiting for. Two of my favorite vendors on the site are:
- Etsy. A similar story to eBay, scouring Etsy can be an exhausting but rewarding rug shopping experience. Three of my favorite go-tos:
- Homestead Seattle. Large and well-priced selection of great rugs. Their simple photography really shows off their product, a must-have for internet rug purchases.
- Decorative Vintage Rugs. Huge selection of Turkish rugs…this is definitely one to bookmark and visit often.
- Antika Art. Another well curated Etsy seller. I especially love their color edit in their large curation of vintage Turkish rugs.